Alexandra Quintero was born in Esmeraldas (Ecuador) in 1971, currently she resides and works in Quito (Ecuador) and Torreglia (Italia).
She is married and has two sons.
She studied economics in Ecuador, then the Italian language and business management in Italy. She proceeded studies of art in Italy (Brera Academy, Milan) and in Ecuador. She was a student of Master Giovanni Rubino in Milan.
Speaks fluently, in addition to Spanish, Italian and English; she knows French, too.
Since 2012, she is appointed representative for Montevenda Engineering International Association in Ecuador (Association for the development of ethics in engineering with headquarters in Lugano).
Since 2015 she represents the Mediterranean Parliament in Ecuador.
On behalf of Montevenda Engineering International Association she follows, at organizational level, the research and development activities in Latin America.
From 2019 he is Permanent Ambassador for Culture of Ecuador (House of Ecuatorian Culture "Benjamin Carrión").
She writes for the journal "Lux Terrae" (Rome) in Italy, and "Munay Suyo - Mensaje del Nuevo Tiempo" (Quito) in Ecuador.
She is a professional painter.
In her stay in Europe, she became familiar and studied carefully the great masterpieces of European art and architecture. Inspired by them, combined them with the Latin American artistic tradition and the ethnic and anthropological themes.
Therefore in her works there are references to Henri Matisse, Paul Cezanne, Wassily Kandinsky, Pablo Picasso, but also to the traditional literature of the Latin American of XX century, such as, for example, to the writer Jorge Luis Borges.
In particular, Alexandra Quintero is interested in any possible ancient historical and cultural connection between Latin America, the ancient Greek, Indian and Egyptian cultures, which investigates and analyzes by her works.
Latacuga (Ecuador), February 2016, in Citizen Service Center; Sponsors: Provincial Direction of the Ministry of Culture and Heritage; Latacunga Citizen Service Center; Ecuatorian House of Culture "Benjamin Carrión" Nucleus of Cotopaxi;
Quito (Ecuador), May 2016, in “Cafelibro”: personal exhibition “De la eticidad al simbolismo” [“From ethnicity to symbolism”];
Rome (Italy), December 2016: collective exhibition “Urbis et Artis”, Gallery “Pulcherrima”;
Milan (Italy), March 2017: personal exhibition “El Universo Femenino” [“The Feminine Universe”], Consulate Generàl del Ecuador (remanded);
Latacunga (Ecuador), March 2018: personal exhibition, House of the Ecuadorian Culture “Benjamin Carrión” - Cotopaxi, and Polytechnic School of the Army of Latacunga;
Quito (Ecuador), June-July 2018: personal exhibition and organization of the cycle of events “Cultura e historia de la Nación Afroecuatoriana, ayer y hoy” [“Culture and History of the Afro-Ecuadorian Nation, yesterday and today”], House of the Ecuadorian Culture “Benjamin Carrión”;
Sangolquí (Ecuador), July-August 2018: collective exhibition “La nueva pintura sudamericana del siglo XXI” [“The new South American painting for the XXI century”], Municipality of Rumiñahui, Carmen House Gallery;
- Sangolquí (Ecuador), October-November 2018: exhibition “Alexandra Quintero: El arte contemporàneo en el Ecuador” [“Alexandra Quintero: Art between Europe and South America”], “Eduardo Kingman” Museum-House;
- Sangolquí (Ecuador), December 5, 2018: exibición personàl "Ecuador: Naturaleza y Espiritualidad" ["Ecuador: Nature and Spirituality"], Franciscan College "La Inmaculada".
- Judge of the painting competition for children and adolescents "Buscando a Hogar, para el Arte y la Cultura, en Conocoto", House of Ecuatorian Culture "Benjamin Carrión", Section of Conocoto, January 25, 2019.
Publications in magazines:
- “L'Etnia Afro-Ispanica in Ecuador: lineamenti di storia” [“The Afro-Hispanic Ethnicity in Ecuador: features of history”], magazine “Lux Terrae”, Rome (Italy), Summer 2015;
- “L'arte latinoamericana tra autonomia culturale ed influenza europea” [“Latin American Art between cultural autonomy and European influence”], magazine “Lux Terrae”, Rome (Italy), Summer 2016
- “La Etnicidad Afrohispànica en Ecuador: historia fundamentàl” [“The Afro-Hispanic Ethnicity in Ecuador: features of history”], magazine “Munay Suyo - Mensaje del Nuevo Tiempo”, Quito (Ecuador), Fall 2018 [forthcoming].
Publications in catalogs of contemporary art:
- July 2018: “Eduardo Kingman” House-Museum, San Rafael (Pichincha Province, Ecuador) - Plastic arts workshop for children and adolescents;
- October 2018 and following months: House of the Ecuadorian Culture “Benjamin Carrion”, Quito - Workshop of plastic arts for children and adolescents.
- Catalog “Elìte Daverio”, by prof. Philippe Daverio, Italy, 2017;
- Catalog “IOArte”, Italy, 2017.